UK2Learn provides a personal, yet professional guardianship service for international students studying in the UK. We are a small, family company that knows all our students personally and our high level of experience means we can cope with all demands.
We aim to make sure that each student can fulfil their academic potential in a safe, caring environment as a member of the UK2Learn family.
In the UK it is a school requirement that overseas students have a guardian based in the UK over the age of 25.
Your child’s school will be responsible for them during term time but during exeat weekends, half term, during the holidays or when your child is sick a formally appointed educational Guardian will take responsibility.
UK2learn will deliver a service that enhances every aspect of an overseas student’s stay in the UK. We work closely with the school, houseparents and all staff, associates and host families to support a caring and personal ethos that UK2Learn values so greatly, thus ensuring that all of our guardianship students receive the highest standard of care possible. With representatives and host families throughout the United Kingdom, help and assistance are never far away.
UK2Learn has been a registered member of AEGIS since 2010.
In 2017 UK2Learn was reinspected by AEGIS and was awarded full accreditation to Gold Standard, AEGIS had this to say about us in their inspection report;
“UK2Learn is a family business, which provides a highly personal service to students and their parents, and which is valued equally by parents, students and schools. It combines efficiency and high levels of care extremely well.”
As part of our Guardianship service, the following support can be offered to our students:
- 24/7 emergency care and assistance
- Contact with student via social media or phone
- Assigned a dedicated member of the UK2Learn team to provide student with support
- Proof of guardianship letter to show immigration control at UK arrivals
- Personalised birthday card sent to student each year
- Consultation with school/university regarding academic progress, discipline or any other school matter
- Visit to see student at school/university and or homestay
- Arrangement of homestay accommodation
- Arrangement of taxi transfers
- Arrangement of train and bus bookings
- Financial management of pocket money
- Assistance with top up of ‘pay as you go’ mobile phones
- Assistance when purchasing a UK phone sim card
- Arrangement and purchase of flight tickets
- Attendance at parents’ conference/teacher meetings with written up report
- Assistance with opening a UK bank account
- Assistance with parents’ visit to the UK, booking accommodation, airport transfers etc
- Assistance finding a personal tutor and introduction
- Storage of luggage during holidays
- Postage of luggage or other items
- New school or university advice, research and application